External resources and how to keep busy while practicing social distancing!
Please follow the latest King County Public Health recommendations and stay safe and healthy!
WA Warm Line, 1-877-500-WARM (9276): Confidential peer support line for those experiencing anxiety, loneliness, etc. Wednesday-Sunday, 5 – 9 pm.
Community Living Connections, 206-962-8467 or toll free 1-844-348-5464 (KING): Get objective, confidential information about community resources and service options.
Washington State Novel Coronavirus Call Center, 800-525-0127: For general questions about COVID-19 or the state’s response. 8 am – 7 pm.
King County Novel Coronavirus Call Center, 206-477-3977: If you believe you were exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19.
King County Public Health: kingcounty.gov/covid
Washington State Department of Health: doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
Center for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
- Call friends, family members, neighbors to catch up, check on one another, and connect.
- Call WA Warm Line, 1-877-500-WARM (9276): Confidential peer support line for those experiencing anxiety, loneliness, etc. Wednesday-Sunday, 5 – 9 pm.
- Discover new music or enjoy stations based on old favorites with Pandora or Spotify internet radio.
- Enjoy a stirring symphony performance: Access the Philharmonie Berlin’s digital library of performances, filled with more than 600 shows. Use the code BERLINPHIL by March 31 to get 30-day access to the orchestra’s stunning work.
- Spend a night at the opera with one of the Metropolitan Opera’s Live in HD performance series. Starting with Carmen on 3/16, a different opera performance will become available each night at 7:30 pm EDT and available for 20 hours.
- More opera performances from all over the world are available free on Opera Vision.
- Soak in some art and history with a virtual tour of one of these 12 famous museums!
- Check out incredible art restoration transformations by Baumgartner Restoration on YouTube!
Games and Fun!
- Slither is a fun, light game you can play with just your mouse and internet browser. Email us your high scores (put “Slither” in the subject line)!
- Interested in fly fishing? Antique restoration? Makeup tutorials? Facts about sea horses? How to fold an origami frog? There’s a YouTube video for it! Search for anything that interests you and see where you end up!
- Check out Sporcle, the world’s largest online trivia quiz website
- Missing your bridge game? Play online!
- Watch your favorite Card Games and Bridge on Twitch! Twitch offers Live Streams and Video Clips of any game you could think of!
- Print and color beautiful coloring book pages – it can be soothing and meditative as well as a fun creative outlet!
- Access e-books, comics, music, movies and more online through the Seattle Public Library.
- Yoga is always a great way to stretch and exercise, but its soothing effect could be even more beneficial in these times. Try out some of these free yoga videos for seniors from Do Yoga With Me.
- Many other fitness videos are available on YouTube. Try this 20 minute video from HasFit, which can be done sitting or standing, with or without weights!
- Take a walk! Just be sure to avoid others and avoid touching surfaces while you’re stretching your legs.
- Follow this tool to complete your Advance Directives!
- Start on a memoir! Here’s a guide.
- Work on de-cluttering your home. Here is a guide.
- Keep a gratitude journal, or just a general journal.
- Write an email to friends, family members, or even just casual acquaintances – they would love to receive a note from you.
Email your contributions to email@example.com with the subject line “Keep busy”!